Monday, April 6, 2009

A Day Which Lives in Infamy



Having made a recent visit to Hawaii, Kyrstyn Manfull made a wonderful powerpoint presentation on the bombing of Pearl Harbor and her visit to the U.S.S. Arizona. Her powerpoint also included music. While I was able to convert the powerpoint into a format that was blog-compatible, I could not figure out how to get the MP3 URL (someone should show me if they know how). Time was a wasting, so I wanted to get this posted as we are studying it.

After viewing the slideshow, please list 5 new observations you made from her information and post.

Thank you, Kyrstyn Manfull, for making and sharing this GREAT presentation. PS. You are my new favorite!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are the 5 new observations i made:

1. I liked the Joseph Stalin quote that read "The death of one man is a tragedy, but the death of millions is a statistic." This i find kind of ironic considering what he later did to his own people.

2. I didn't realize the magnitude of the lives lost seeing the name really put it into perspective not just having a number.

3. Also did not realize how big Pearl Harbor actually is until i saw the map.

4. Another thing I found interesting was the press had already printed war on their first page, even though President Roosevelt and Congress had not declared war officially.

5. Lastly a picture is worht a thousand words, seeing the damage done to the U.S.S Arizona is ridiculous I've never seen a picture of it being bombed, only after so that was neat to see.

Landry Bertsch
Period 3

Anonymous said...

1. I did not know that there were graves, even though that seems pretty obvious I just never thought of that before.

2. I saw by the bell, that the USS Arizona had been around since 1916, i thought it would have been more new.

3. I did not know that the USS Missourri was given the Award of Excellence.

4. I found it weird that Stalin said that one man's death is a tragedy, when he killed alot of his own people.

5. I was surprised that there were parts of the ships in museums, I thought they left all that alone since it would just fall apart if they tried to pull it out of the water.

Ryan Donovan period 4